Junior IT Specialist
Company: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Location: Addis Ababa
Experience Level: Junior (Fresh Graduate)
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: As per the GIZ salary scale
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government – in particular, the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – and many public and private sector clients in achieving their objectives in international cooperation in around 120 countries.
ICT is an integral part of GIZ everyday business i.e. digital age it is vital for GIZ Ethiopia and Djibouti to provide the right tools for employees and automate processes to improve individual and overall productivity. Our aim: current and professional ICT support for smooth operations. The ICT unit in the GIZ Country office in Addis Ababa is providing dedicated ICT technical support and consulting services to units, programs, and projects so they can focus on their business.
Contract duration: Permanent
- Serving as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Manage Ethiotelecom related services within GIZ (Bill management, Post-paid Sim cards management etc.)
- Perform technical evaluation on the IT items procurement
- Perform technical inspection on the IT items delivered
- Standardized laptops and desktops based on GIZ standard.
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attentions.
- Assist with onboarding of new users.
- Maintain the IT asset list based on GIZ guideline
- Perform related function as required.
- First degree on Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering or equivalent. Graduates of the year 2022.
- Professional experience
- Maximum of 1 year of work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via email@example.com
- Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘Junior IT Specialist #057/2023’ in the subject line of your email application.
- Due to the large number of applications, we categorise applications with vacancy numbers.
- Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position.
- In the case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
- Applications from qualified women are encouraged. “Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefits package.”
- Deadline: Mar 31, 2023