Company: Ethiopian Public Health Institute
Salary: As per the institution contract scale
Required Number ----One per site (Addis Ababa, Adama, Diredawa, Hawasa)
Duration of Contract: For 3 months, with the possibility of extension.
Report to: TB & HIV Research Directorate
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage the coupon-tracking system
- Explain the aim of the survey to participants; conduct and record consent
- Provide instructions/train on peer recruitment and issue referral coupons
- Ask screening questions to the target population to identify eligible participants and disqualify imposters
- Establish a unique identifier to link the recruit’s follow-up visit to the initial visit
- Verify coupons
- work as the receptionist or interviewer as needed – Eligibility questions
- Maintain the database for data entry, editing, and analysis for electronic-based data collection
- Work closely with data management team and survey staffs
- Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI) is a national organization mandated to manage, build research capacity, and promote and strengthen public health research activities in the country. The institute is also mandated to nationwide comprehensive health related data synthesis of evidence that public health related decision-makings rely on. Currently, EPHI in collaboration with FMOH is planning to conduct the HIV Bio Behavioral survey among people who inject drugs (PWID) in Ethiopia.
- As part of implementing the study, the EPHI would like to announce a vacancy for competent and interested individuals for the following posts. The qualified individual will be functioning in collaboration with a member of the HIV survey team.
- Experience in data, cleaning, preparation and management
- Have prior experience on respondent driven sampling (RDS) coupon management
- Excellent data organization, programming, and communication skills are required, as is the ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Proficient knowledge of database software (particularly excel and access)
- Proven experience in designing survey tools/questionnaires in ODK is advantageous
Required Educational Qualification
- BSc or above in bioinformatics, health informatics, computer science or information technology and having experiences in designing and management of data base and health information and having of 6+ years demonstrated work experience.
How to Apply
- Note Interested applicants can register in Online through only ethiojobs.net send their CVs and relevant documents at the address given below within 10 working days from the first appearance of the announcement
- Remarks: Please attach copies of transcripts, academic degree or recommendation letters together with the application. If not attached the copies you may be not short listed.
- Deadline Apr 1, 2023