DevOps Expert in Enterprise and Cloud Environment
Location: Addis Ababa
Experience Level: Middle Level
Employment Type: Contract
CIFF-JSI eCHIS project is working with Ministry of Health on the digitalization and scale-up electronic community health information system in five agrarian region and support MOH in transforming culture of information use, digitization governance aspect of the Ethiopian Information Revolution. We also collaborate with the National ID program to achieve the government goals.The National ID Program (NIDP) initiative focused on rolling out an identification system that is aligned with international best practices, including the Principles on Identification for Sustainable Development.
Led by the National ID Program in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO), NID is a five-year program (2021 – 2026) established to spearhead a foundational digital ID that will gradually serve all identity use-cases in the nation — to offer an inclusive, residence-based and digital identification system and ultimately support Ethiopia’s digital transformation agenda. The NID initiative will be implemented in various phases, including an initial pilot period, to enable lessons learned and technical iterations prior to a scale-up and nationwide roll-out throughout Ethiopia. The pilot phase was completed in the first quarter of 2022, and transition to the main country roll-out is taking place. Technology-wise, an Ethiopian custom-version of the Modular Open-Source Identification Platform (MOSIP) will be used as the ID Management System.
The National ID Program is looking for a seasoned professional and enthusiastic professional who will act as a fulcrum between network infrastructure and software development teams, and serve as the Deployment advisor and NetDevOps expert for the entire platform. The duty is to establish configuration management, automate NIDP infrastructure, implement continuous integration, and create best practices in DevOps to achieve a continuously deployable system. The professional will also support technology-enabled business strategies and operations to drive increased agility, and scalability, and improve the service quality of the Technology Operations and Infrastructure.
- Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Ongoing monitoring of the NDP's digital architecture, checking for performance and compliance
- Developing digital infrastructure and working on automated code to improve efficiency and reduce risk
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Create, automate, deploy, and scale applications in container management containers especially in Docker and Kubernetes.
- Building frameworks for software and application deployment
- Building platform environments to support auto-scaling for the business in the future
- Testing and maintaining digital infrastructure in the long term
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Liaising closely with both development and operational teams
- Creates and maintains strategies related to Cloud Infrastructure and Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, and Google) throughout the enterprise ensuring all performance and cost curves are closely managed
- Have the technical skill to review, verify, and validate the software code developed in the project.
- roubleshooting techniques and fixing the code bugs
- Conducting analyses, and feeding this data back to relevant teams to support their efforts
- Staying on top of industry best practices and trends, as well as changes to compliance requirements
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Support teams manage code changes, track development progress, and make the software development process more efficient using Source control tools Git, GitLab, and Bitbucket
- Working to resolve issues and problems with systems and software, and to put in place measures to ensure these issues do not reoccur.
- Working with large-scale networks, compute, and storage architectures and assisting Tech Infra & Ops team and other Solution Architects devise best practices.
- Facilitate teams to critically review current processes for effectiveness, quality, and simplification.
- Leading large complex enterprise-wide infrastructure projects/programs with multiple interfaces and/or 3rd parties
- Develop and implement process solutions to improve operational efficiency
- Generate incidence management and root cause analysis reports
- Working with planning departments to get software and systems up and running in a timely manner, and ensuring long-term scalability for the business
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Duration of work: 1 year
Applicants for this position should possess the following qualifications:
- 4+ Years of proven work experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Proficiency in container frameworks like Docker and Kubernetes
- A solid understanding and experience with CI/CD tools like git, Jenkins, GitlabCI, GitOpts, CodeDeploy, CodeBuild, CodePipeline,
- Hands on experience with configuration management and on-premises infrastructure provisioning using automation tools such as: Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Experience with container orchestration and cluster management tools such as kubernetes, docker swarm, rancher, etc.
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles with experience working as a Scrum Master
- Experience with Docker, Microservices, and container deployment and service orchestration
- Practical experience on security best practices such as encryption, certificates, hashing, and key management.
- Experience in Ruby, Python, Perl, and Java languages their frameworks thereof
- 3rd party Cloud and CDN Provider Experience: AWS, Azure, Akamai, Rackspace, and/or IBM-Softlayer
- Experience working on Linux-based infrastructure
- Standard Infrastructure Experience: Monitoring, DNS, DHCP, Backups, and Disaster Recovery
- Experience in configuration and managing databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
- Experience developing engineering applications for a large corporation
- Proficiency in computer packages (e.g. Google Docs, JIRA, Trello, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) relevant to the work
- Adhere to and promote JSI’s and National ID Program culture and values and uphold JSI’s standards related to fraud and ethics accountability and management.
- Excellent written and verbal English;
JSI is a child-safe organization, and the safety and well-being of children is a priority of our organization. We have robust recruitment procedures to ensure that all staff are suited to work with the children served by our programs.
JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants who met the above minimum requirements should send and apply at WWW.Ethiojobs.net. This is an opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated professional and if you meet the required skill, competencies and experience, please submit your application letter and CV in English detailing your experience and skills that are relevant to the post. Please do not attach copies of your transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
- Women are highly encouraged to apply.
- NB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Deadline July 17, 2023