Company: Mercy Corps Ethiopia
Position:- ICT Assistant
Location: Addis Ababa
Position Status: Full-time
About Mercy Corps
- The ICT Assistant must participate in the execution of policies and procedures, ICT (information Communication Technology) policies including all guidelines and procedures for the security of the overall system.
- Read and understand the Mercy corps IT Systems Policy on appropriate use. Orient staff on appropriate use.
- Maintain the office local-area network (LAN), network segment, Internet, or intranet system and provide day-to-day onsite administrative support and periodic servicing of the network and all peripherals.
- Must follow MC specific technical performance standards in providing ICT support services.
- Responsible for diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, printers, network connectivity problems and carrying out any required maintenance of applications (e.g., installing and testing different utilities, new peripherals, drivers, and service packs).
- Responsible for providing technical support over the phone and in person and maintaining the smooth operation of the ICT resources in Mercy Corps Ethiopia secured network and communication infrastructure.
- Assist the ICT Specialist to provide technical expertise including training and routine support to end-users (both in head office and field offices) regarding optimal set-up of software, hardware, and network use. S/he will be setting up basic configuration for network equipment (such as switches and router),
- Maintain good relations and work in close collaboration with the ICT Specialist, other Operations team members and all MCE staff. In carrying out his/ her functions,
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Management.
- Assist the procurement of IT equipment by providing technical specifications
- Be familiar with local regulations/laws.
- Identify, build, and manage collaborative partnerships with local governments and other Mercy Corps stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Minimum 1 year experience in ICT Support.
- BSc in Information Science and/or related fields.
- Must be an independent thinker and have strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in scheduling.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action to not delay program activities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel to different locations as needed.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Equal Employment Opportunity
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Mercy Corps has been operating in Ethiopia since 2004. In partnership with civil society organizations, academic institutions, private sector, and the government, Mercy Corps Ethiopia has reached more than five million Ethiopians with interventions to save lives and build secure livelihoods. Our programs emphasize market-driven solutions, reinforce social bonds, and help communities build resilience to the impacts of climate change. Currently in six regional states – Afar, Amhara, Gambella, Oromia, Somali, and South Nations, Nationalities and People’s Region (SNNPR), and in Dire Dawa Administration and the capital city of Ethiopia, Addis Ababa – Mercy Corps Ethiopia is driven by the mission to contribute the emergence of a peaceful, resilient, and prosperous Ethiopia which is inclusive of youth and women. Our strategic directions focus in promoting inclusive and dynamic markets; promoting peace and social cohesion through strengthening formal/informal governance structures and citizen engagement; improved natural resource governance; and integrated humanitarian response.
Program / Department Summary
The Operations Department provides key support to the entire country program in procurement, asset management, warehouse management, fleet management, IT, Safety and Security Management and facilities & office management for successful program implementation
General Position Summary
ICT Assistant under Operations Department is responsible for the effective running of ICT systems including provision of basic day-to-day support on a regular basis to ensure that the ICT systems in the MC Ethiopia offices are functioning optimally and ensuring the Country Office has reliable and consistent access to the most up-to-date ICT systems within the operating context.
Essential Job Responsibilities
INFLUENCE & REPRESENTATION
The successful candidate will be capable of multi-tasking, constructive skills, and proven experience with capacity building. S/he will be committed to long-term program sustainability and the delivery of high-impact activities at the community level. S/he have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments, and make effective written and verbal communication a priority. Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps' policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient, and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC and have signed on to the Interagency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position advertised. All applications submitted electronically include a CV, three references, and all relevant official documents.
Only candidates that are short-listed will be acknowledged and called for interviews.
“Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Qualified female and young candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to empower women and youth.”
How to Apply
- Click Here: ICT Assistant | Mercy Corps Ethiopia (ultipro.com)
- DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: 09 June 2023/ 4:00 PM