Senior Software Engineer
Company: Target Business Consultants PLC
Experience Level: Senior
Salary: As per Company Scale
The Ministry of Tourism, in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation, intends to deploy highly qualified experts for its Delivery Unit.
Organization strategic goals summary
The Ministry of Tourism aims to develop the country’s tourist destinations in collaboration with various stakeholders and market and promote the destination at national and international levels through competitive marketing and promotional strategies. The Ministry of Tourism is working to narrow the gap in tourism destination and product development, specifically in carrying out a comprehensive mapping of tourism resources, undertaking product development, designing public-private partnership schemes, developing community engagement mechanisms, and enriching tourist experiences. Facilitates research on conservation and development of natural and cultural heritages for the benefit of tourism and can cope with the dynamics in the travel world and encourage foreign and domestic direct investments in tourism infrastructure
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the development of software that supports key interventions of the Ministry in supporting enterprises engaged in the tourism sector, developing software solutions to support the functions of the Ministry, integrating software systems by applying the state of the art technologies, assisting in enhancing digital literacy, assist in building the tourism sector labor market information system and other relevant activities.
Job Responsibility #1:
- Identify how the tourism-centered youth-owned enterprises’ startups can use software and research the existing apps for the tourism business.
- Execute the entire software development life cycle to produce impactful software products that can be applied in tourism and hospitality and train interns.
- Identify gaps in the overall operation of the tourism sector and design, develop, and install software solutions. Develop information systems by critically studying operations in the tourism and hospitality sector.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Plan brainstorming sessions and create new products based on actual sector gaps.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures for the sector.
- Manage software maintenance activities and ensure the software is updated with the latest features.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Apply state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment in order to transform the institution digitally.
- Producing efficient codes, testing software and fixing problems.
- Produce specifications and determine the operational feasibility of software.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems. Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential. Develop software products that help to improve and modernize tourism statistics systems.
- Assist in establishing a National Destination Management Information System (DMIS) that helps to promote advanced data analytics, Online Typing jobs 150+ Part time jobs daily - Earn Rs.2 Daily Homebaseworks in O data-driven planning, and effective interface among destination management organizations.
- Develop software integrating different departments within the Ministry and regional tourism bureaus and stakeholders externally.
- Strengthen digital marketing methods in tourism enterprises and destination management organizations. creative and innovative technologies, as well as improve consumer interactions, safety, Assist in establishing a labor market information system (LMIS) in tourism and hospitality, which will serve as a vital foundation for labor market data, skill mismatch, and employment.
- Develop an effective knowledge and information management system and repository for the tourism sector. Assist in designing digital literacy schemes to stimulate creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship in order to fulfill the growing demand for digitization in the tourism industry.
- Work on improving the digitization of payment flows, reducing dependence on cash, and making disparate payment systems work together. Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor or management.
Job Responsibility #2:
- Staff Management and development Train, mentor and coach the digital marketing team so as to build their capacity.
- Train the interns
Job Responsibility #3 Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop a system of monitoring and evaluating his plan and performance and recommend improvements.
- Implement recommendations from monitoring and evaluation activities carried out by the Ministry.
Job Responsibility # 4
- Submit monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on performances
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as required by this/her supervisor
- MSc in software engineering, Computer Science
- At least ten years of experience as a software engineer, preferably in the tourism and hospitality sector.
Values, Technical and Other Skills
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience building complex web systems that have been successfully delivered Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through the actual launch of the project
- Experience with mission-critical, 24×7 systems
- Experience implementing and consuming large-scale web services
- Experience developing software utilizing workflow or ESB software
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations Know the JVM and the ecosystem of supporting tools inside and out
- Passion for learning new technologies
- Communication Skills Multitasking
- Should be well-versed in Programming and coding,
- Design and architecture,
- Algorithms and data structures,
- Information analysis,
- Software Requirements,
- Software Architecture,
- Software Testing, and Software Documentation
How to Apply
- Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy in the email address email@example.com
- Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Please include at least 3 references from current and former supervisors
- Deadline: June 09, 2023