System and Platform Administrator
Company: G2G IT Solutions, S.C.
Location: Addis Ababa
Career Level: Managerial Level (Manager, Supervisor, Director)
Employment Type: Full time
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Set up accounts and workstations, troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Install and upgrade server and computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- Perform server administration tasks (ex: user/group, security permissions, group policies, print services); research event-log warnings and errors; and monitor resources to ensure that systems architecture components work together seamlessly
- Builds and modifies custom reports within multiple platforms.
- Manage user accounts, credentials, permissions, access rights, storage allocations, and active directory administration.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Monitor data-centre health using existing management tools, and respond to hardware issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new servers when needed
- Perform routine and scheduled audits of all systems, including backups
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and MS Server operating systems, current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, systems performance-monitoring tools, active directories, HTTP traffic, content delivery, and caching
- Expertise in building and managing Linux/Unix, MySQL, VMWare and/or Virtual environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, related field, or equivalent experience required 2-4 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- Experience with databases and platform management is plus
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are required
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
How to Apply
- For applicants to be considered, applicants are required to apply via firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title as mentioned in the vacancy announcement he/she applied for in the email Subject line. And attach the following:
- Motivation/Application letter
- CV (written in English) with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone)
- Copies of Academic Certificates from Accredited Universities
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Deadline: Jul 24, 2023