TERMS OF REFERENCE(TOR) for the implementation of payroll system
Company: SOS Childrens Villages
Location: Addis Ababa
Experience Level: Senior
Employment Type: Contract
SOS Children's Villages Ethiopia (SOS CVE) is a non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational charitable international child welfare organization. For the past more than four decades, we have been working to build families for children in need, help them shape their own future and share in the development of their communities.
Everything we do is based on the best interest of the child. We help vulnerable families care for their children, and we work to prevent the breakdown of parental care. When children lose their own families parental care, we provide quality alternative care in SOS families or SOS supported kinship care. We support young people in their efforts to become independent adults and succeed in life.
We partner with donors, communities, governments and other organizations to reach the children who need support, when emergencies strike, we focus on providing humanitarian assistance, care and protection for children and families in coordination with the government and other relief agencies. We continuously measure the impact of our program.
We are operating in Ethiopia in six regions: Harari, Tigray, Amhara, Sidama, Somali, and Oromia, and two city administrations: Addis Ababa & Dire Dawa. Currently, we have more than 750 employees working from the different regions and cities scattered under various project locations.
In order to improve our payroll management processes and better serve our employees, SOS CVE would like to implement a new, web based payroll system that can be integrated with our existing Human Resource Information System and that can accurately and efficiently manage the payroll process for our organization.
The payroll system implementation process will include the selection, developing/customization, deployment, testing, training and support of a new web based payroll system that shall meet the following requirements:
- Accurately compute employee salaries, including any bonuses, back pays, deductions and other payroll related calculations
- Comply with all relevant tax laws and regulations of the country
- Comply with the internal compensation and benefits policy of SOS CVE
- Allow for easy input and management of employee total remuneration data
- Generate pay slips for employees and share through Microsoft Office 365 email
- Provide flexible and customized reporting capabilities
- Provide data backup and restore capabilities in different formats
- Provide different access types for different users
- Apply appropriate encryption technology for both data at transit and at rest
- Apply Multifactor Authentication (MFA) for user logins.
- The system log all administrative activities and unauthorized use.
- The system can run in different devices including computers, smartphones and tablets with responsive pages.
- Deploy and launch payroll system on Microsoft Cloud platform
- Provide regular annual support service including patching and maintenance
The scope of the system implementation process includes
- Researching and evaluating potential payroll systems that can meet SOS CVE’s requirements
- Selecting a system vendor that offers the best payroll system meeting our system requirements and that is within our budget and reaching a contract with the selected vendor Configuring the new system to meet our specific needs in collaboration with our team
- Testing the new system to ensure it is functioning correctly
- Migrating and entering our payroll data from Excel into the new payroll system
- Provide payroll system operation documentation
- Training all relevant personnel on the use of the new system throughout our MA
In order to implement the system effectively, the vendor must deploy the following methodologies
- Develop a detailed implementation plan that outlines all tasks, timelines, and responsibilities
- Holding regular progress meetings with our implementation team to review progresses and address any issues or risks
- Communicating regularly with stakeholders to keep them informed of progress and any changes to the project
- Conducting thorough testing of the new system to ensure it is functioning correctly
- Providing training and support to all relevant personnel during the transition period
The key deliverables from the system implementation includes:
- A fully functional payroll system that meets our specific needs
- Trained personnel who are fully capable to use and run the system
- User manuals and training materials that provide clear instructions on how to use the new system
- A report on the successful implementation of the new system that details all activities undertaken during the project
- Continuous regular support and maintenance after the launching
Qualification for the vendor
The following are the criteria for the interested vendor
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in supplying ERP, Finance, or HR system
- Proven experience working for large organizations, especially international organizations in implementing a web based payroll system including full range of activities such as customization, integration, testing, installation and launching
- Able to deploy a team of experts who will meet the following requirements
- A relevant academic background
- Proven experience working on similar system implementation project
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skill
- An ability to work under stressful and demanding environment to meet deadlines
- Fluency in English
How to Apply
Application requirments and process
Interested firms should submit their technical and financial proposal as follows
- Expression of Interest (EOI) or cover letter with an overview of the firm’s background and experience explaining why the firm is the most suitable to carry out the work as described in this TOR
- Technical proposal should include detailed proposal on the methodology to be used, a detailed work plan, accompanied by individual CVs who will be engaged for this assignment and profile of the firm including renewed license and TIN. A document showing previously completed similar project or a reference letter from previous client stating the scope of service and deliverables shall as well be included.
- Financial proposal: containing the final and all-inclusive total price offer for the full range of services required, broken down into all major cost components associated with the services.
- Applicants should email their proposal (technical and financial) to Procurement@sos-ethiopia.org copying Hayat.Sherif@sos-ethiopia.org with the subject line Payroll System Implementation for SOS CVE. Applications must be received no later than 5:00 PM (EAT) on 25 July 2023. The detailed TOR can be accessed here.
- Deadline:Jul 25, 2023